Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Kombucha Bottles and How To Get Them Clean

Probably the most practical way to store kombucha that I have found is in a half gallon jar with a plastic lid. I use this type of container a lot.

Growlers work pretty well too.

But I really like a little fizz in my kombucha and the container you use for your secondary fermentation and storage really does impact this feature of your beverage. I can't explain the science behind it, but a narrow mouth, long neck bottle gives the best fermentation. (Think beer or wine bottles.)
The Best Kombucha Bottles

The problem with using a lot of these types of bottles is cleaning them. 

A regular bottle brush just doesn't fit into the opening! I've tried several cleaning methods but my daughter Emily discovered the best one yet:

A Refrigerator Brush!

This handy device is long enough to reach into tall bottles. It bends (and straightens) easily so you can manipulate it to reach the bottom edges and all the sloping sides of your favorite kombucha bottle!
The Best Kombucha Bottle Brush

You can find one easily at Walmart for under $5! 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Quickie-HomePro-Refrigerator-Brush-27/21048601




2 comments: